[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Proposed menu changes for 1.4
- Subject: Proposed menu changes for 1.4
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 06:31:26 -0700
I have a few proposed menu changes for 1.4. Some of these come in
part from discussing with Erik and others their thoughts, but this
synthesis is my own. As much as I stand on the shoulders of others
here I don't speak for them.
I: Customer/Vendor changes
AR->Customers and AP->vendors
- History (no need to have a Reports submenu with just one option--
that could come back if we have more reports)
II: Chart of Accounts position
1: Remove System/Chart of Accounts and all submenus (except add
account which gets moved as below)
2: Move Reports/Chart of Accounts under General Journal
* The columns displayed would depend on permissions.
* A normal user with no additional permissions could see
Account Number and Description.
* If has permission to view GL transactions, add credits and
debits, and give the option to click through account number to get to
the GL search screen with account field pre-populated.
* If user has admin access, additional columns would be
visible: link, edit, delete, and obsolete.
* Move add account to General Journal just underneath Chart of Accounts
1: Move searches out of Reports menu and to top level since this is
the most common task
2: Put add part/service/labor/assembly in a New submenu
1: All searches are at the same level as what they search
2: For transactions, invoices, orders, and quotations, new comes
above search. For everything else search comes above new.
What do people think?