[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Web services revisited
- Subject: Re: Web services revisited
- From: Michael Richardson <..hidden..>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:39:12 -0400
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Travers <..hidden..> writes:
Chris> actually look at examples, it is clear that this *is* simpler. In
Chris> your proposal we have something like:
Chris> The same would be a GET request to:
To add... the query string stuff is:
1) never cacheable (Queries are never supposed to be cached, the API
can never control it.)
2) easily confused with a POST, or URL-encode parameters
3) has no clear ordering of values
That's why RESTful stuff prefers to just use URLs the way they are.
It's also a THOUSAND times easier to test client with a URL like the one
chris shows, as, you can just make a file on a static server with that name,
and just use it.
] He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life! | firewalls [
] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON |net architect[
] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
Kyoto Plus: watch the video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx1ycLXQSE>
then sign the petition.