Re: Start of perl setup and drop db scripts

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 07:21:41PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> I think it is sensible to default to nano in this case for the simple
> reason that the basic commands are at the bottom.  However, I would
> want someone to confirm that nano is installed by default on *BSD
> systems as well before I make this change.

Nano is NOT installed by default on OpenBSD.
It would have to be added.
I don't think that would be a good thing to default to.

And you can use:
--editor nano
--editor ee
--editor ed (for the really brave) :) Actually, I do use it a little.

I am also working on interactive versions of both scripts that ask for
values for all the options, while showing the script defaults.

Should be ready very soon, after I adjust finish a few details and
upload them (Yes, showing a list of all possible COA's from directory
and country codes if that works out).

I might even be able to get editing ledgersmb.conf done interactively.
Definitely not a problem for a web version. (I already have some scripts
for something else that allow web pages to be edited in textareas).

Question:
Can this script be adapted to work with a Windows installation?
I no longer have access to any version of Windows.

Chris Bennett