Re: Start of perl setup and drop db scripts

On 03/29/2012 08:56 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..>  wrote:

On 03/29/2012 07:21 PM, Chris Travers wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM, David Godfrey<..hidden..>    wrote:

Hi Chris,

Totally agree regarding editors for programming.
BUT, I thought that the purpose of this script (and hence the spawning
of an editor) was to add a tool to assist installing (and possibly
maintaining) LedgerSMB on a production system.
If I am wrong in this assumption then my comments regarding nano are
superfluous.
On the other hand if I am right and the average "user" (ie: small
business) will be running the script I stand by my comment.

I think it is sensible to default to nano in this case for the simple
reason that the basic commands are at the bottom.  However, I would
want someone to confirm that nano is installed by default on *BSD
systems as well before I make this change.

Another option would be to check for (and use) EDITOR or VISUAL from the
environment and fall back to nano or whatever if they're not.

I previously checked before sending the last email and the script in
question in fact already does this, except that it falls back on vi.

Sounds good.  I must have jumped in the middle and missed that.  Sorry.

Rod