Re: Sketching of Payroll

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
Here are some notes I jotted down on the plane.  I am interested in feedback to make sure this works generally well across the board.

Conceptual Design:

I:  Income Classes
    *   Base Categories
        *   Salary
            * Normal
            * Exempt
            * Overtime (yes, some places need this)
            * Paid Time Off

In the Netherlands, we have some things which the tax authorities consider income to be paid taxes on. However, the income isn't paid in money, but they are paid in kind:

 * meals at work
 * private use of a company leased car

and others. Where would you fit that category into the above?

        *   Hourly
            * Normal
            * Overtime
            * Paid Time Off
        *  Chord (per production, commonly used in agriculture)
            * Classes to define as such
II:  Deduction Classes
   *   Universal ones
        * Medical Insurance