Re: Migrating from gnucash

Hi Chris,

I've got all the transactions transferred into ledgersmb but something is not quite right, so I might have missed something.

When I transfer the receipts I enter them as "overpayments" as I don't have information on what payment went to what invoice, just the client. To do that I created records in: gl (field reference is being left blank but not sure if needed), payment, acc_trans (from bank account to overpayments account) and payment_links (linking the acc_trans records to the payment record). I enter payment_class=2 for receipts and 1 for payments and payment_links.type=2
So far so good if I haven't missed anything.

Then I log on to ledgersmb web interface and select "use ar overpayments", it brings me the list of customers with overpayments, select one.
It doesn't show the list of invoice until I click on update. Then it brings the overpayment and the list of invoices, here is where the problem starts.

If I try to apply the payment to more than one invoice (10 + 60 for a payment of 70) it fails with an error.

This is the error from the apache log

   1132 [Tue Feb 07 16:27:44 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1133 [Tue Feb 07 16:28:12 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1134 [Tue Feb 07 16:28:31 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1135 [Tue Feb 07 16:30:40 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1136 [Tue Feb 07 16:31:01 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1137 [Tue Feb 07 16:31:24 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1138 [Tue Feb 07 16:31:24 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1139 [Tue Feb 07 16:31:24 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at UI/payments/use_overpayment2.html line 233., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1140 [Tue Feb 07 16:32:30 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at scripts/payment.pl line 1836., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1141 [Tue Feb 07 16:32:30 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/ledgersmb/payment.pl line 8., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1142 [Tue Feb 07 16:32:30 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect() at /usr/share/ledgersmb/payment.pl line 8., referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl
   1143 [Tue Feb 07 16:32:30 2012] [error] [client 217.36.92.193] Premature end of script headers: payment.pl, referer: http://ledger.nixe.co.uk/payment.pl

I had unselected the "apply discount" and entered a number on each line equal to the invoice in that line.

I'm running version 1.3.9 from the .deb file in  sourceforge.net
I tried installing version 1.3.10 but the database doesn't generate the functions.
Postgres 8.3 and apache2

When I use the overpayments with clients that have only one invoice pending then it works OK.

If I try to apply one invoice at a time, when I try to use the 2nd invoice the available payment doesn't add up (is not previous total - previous invoice) so when I finish processing the last invoice it still comes with a rest in the overpayment.
I hope this makes sense. I'm happy to give you access to the server if you want to have a look.  I might be loading some details wrong somewhere.

Regards,

Federico

Federico Gasparrini

Nixe Limited
85 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 4TQ, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 20 8370 7900
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8370 7901
Mobile: +44 (0) 780 879 2525
Web: http://www.nixe.co.uk

Nixe s.r.l.
Pte. Luis Saenz Pena 366 4 "A", Buenos Aires, (1110), Argentina
Phone/Fax: +54 (0) 11 4383 7831 Ext.: 3002

Nixe Limited
Registered Office: 7 Bideford Gardens, Enfield EN1 2RP, United kingdom
Registered in England No. 3913108