Re: pos.conf.pl.template?

On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 19:09 -0500, Chris Travers wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Robert James Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 05:55 -0500, Chris Travers wrote:
> >> Changelog for 1.3.10
> >> * pos.conf.pl no longer overwritten on upgrade (Chris T)
> >
> >    I have the pos.conf.pl.template file being installed as an example
> > in the Debian packaging I've started for v1.3.10.  Besides that, is it
> > good enough to add a note about it for POS related issues or is there
> > something in the LedgerSMB install that expects the pos.conf.pl to be
> > there even is the POS functionality isn't being used? ....

> Ideally the way it would work is copy the pos.conf.pl.template to
> pos.conf.pl if the latter does not exist.

    That's easy enough to do, so that's how I'll have the debian
packaging do it (but only checking at the initial installation).

>   The reason for renaming
> this was to avoid clobbering folks' settings on update.

  Oh, I agree;  I was something I was recently wondering about as well
(since it wasn't being allowed for the debian packaging), then I found
you've already taken care of it.

> For a POS, it does require that such a file exist.

   And it may or may not be in use but I imagine it would be easier if a
default copy of it is in the standard location with the rest of the
LedgerSMB installation, so I'll have the package install put it there.

Jame