Re: VirtualBox image

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 09:39, Håvard Sørli <..hidden..> wrote:
> On 03. des. 2011 03:22, David A. Bandel wrote:
>> Feedback, please.  Let me know if there are any problems.  If none, I
>> will announce on the -users list.
> David, thank you for your contribution
>
>  From the "build doc" http://david.bandel.us/software/doiturself.txt
> run the following:
> perl Makefile.PL
> (you should see only 2 files that need to be added via CPAN)
> make
> (you should get no errors)
> ------
>
> I think you can drop the make step.

will look at that, but even if not needed (perl Makefile.PL is
normally the equivalent of ./configure), and running make doesn't hurt
anything.

Thanx for the feedback.

Anything else?  Have I forgotten any steps?  Botched the order?  I did
take fairly copious notes (guess I should have run "script" but that
came as an afterthought).

What I need to look at is cleaning up/testing the pg_hba.conf stuff.
What I have documented should work in all cases I have thought up, but
if anyone sees where the way I handled it doesn't work (without
completely trashing security -- I'm not a fan of "trust") pls let me
know.   I haven't quite mastered this aspect of postgres.

If all is well with the way I handled pg_hba.conf, I will try to fix
the INSTALL file, although it looks like I may need to include:
local  all  postgres  peer  map=map
for those folks running the tools/prepare-company-database.sh script.

One thing I did forget -- in the .vdi file I still have my local
Debian mirror.  I need to fix that and reupload, but that's just a
small change in /etc/apt/sources.list.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
--
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the the universe. -- Albert Einstein