Re: LSMB 1.3.5 and PostgreSQL 9.1

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:
> Chris Travers wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Roderick A. Anderson
>> <..hidden..> wrote:
>>
>>> Remember that this is from the prepare-company-database.sh script and
>>> maybe I didn't make it clear that this is a fresh install.  Not an upgrade.
>>
>> Bug report filed
>
> Thanks.  There is still an issue in 1.3.6 with how it handles Pg 9.1
>
> I'm working on how to detect 9.x so the tsearch2.sql pg_trgm.sql, and
> tablefunc.sql are either called with their current names or not called
> at all.  (Did I understand correctly and they are no longer needed with
> later versions of PostgreSQL?)

For Pg < 9.1, tablefunc.sql is required
For Pg < 8.3, tsearch2.sql is required
Pg_trgm.sql requirements were dropped.  If errors are occurring when
pg_trgm is not installed, that is a bug.

>>> I'll try running the pieces of the script manually to avoid the
>>> contrib/extensions directory requirement and see how it works.
>>>
>>> I was trying to see how automated the process could be for a fresh
>>> install using (nearly) the latest and the greatest of each piece.
>>
>> http://host/ledgersmb/setup.pl works also.  Any issues with the
>> setup.pl web-based interface should also be reported as bugs.
>
> I'd like to postpone firing up apache (and getting it configured) to
> avoid dealing with any errors that might come up then.

Ok.  BTW, for 9.1, the Pg-database.sql should create the extension and
load tsearch2 by itself.  If this fails, it is either because of an
issue in Pg-database.sql or because the extension is not available on
the current system.