[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: /setup.pl - erorr in httpd error log - ID: 3440417
- Subject: Re: /setup.pl - erorr in httpd error log - ID: 3440417
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:15:10 -0800
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Håvard Sørli <..hidden..> wrote:
As a quick explanation, changed that to "wontfix" because at present
it's not really optimal behavior but not really a bug per se. It adds
some noise to the log files which are helpful in some cases however
1) This is a rare task
2) The info in the logs is sometimes helpful
3) While the behavior is suboptimal it isn't really immediately
obvious that there is more correct behavior.
I am suggesting it's not a bug and can't simply be "fixed." Hence
more discussion and the idea that hopefully we will come to a
resolution as to what we want to do down the road to change this.
> Thanks for an explanation of the error.
> But, could we do this a little better ?
> (I hope am not the first new user that read logs, and post error's)
Absolutely it could be done better. I can think of any of a number of
ways it could be done better.
For example we could log such messages as DEBUG messages or WARNs Or
we could bracket in the log files as you suggest.
We could even combine these approaches or prefix such warnings with
something that identifies what is going on.
Three more points:
1) Patches on this matter would probably be accepted as bug fixes
even in the stable branch
2) On my side I see this as a very low priority.
3) I am happy to write up a bug report if nobody beats me to it which
reflects whatever consensus evolves on this list. Such a bug report
would be a low priority one.
I have changed the resolution to "Later"