Re: Code for populating database

On Saturday, 12 November 2011 09:18:00 Chris Travers wrote:
> 2011/11/11 Philippe Clérié <..hidden..>:
> > I'm sure someone has faced the problem of loading a brand new
> > installation with existing data. Is there some sample code somewhere
> > which shows how it's done? Particularly customer/AR data...
> >
> > The code in doc/samples seems to be a bit old and I'm not sure how
> > relevant it is now.
>
> The customer section is a bit old but the ar/acc_trans/invoice
> structure hasn't changed much.
>
> However, if you could give me a little more info as to what exactly
> you are talking about that would be helpful.  Is this an ongoing
> import need?  A one-time migration thing?  Something else?  If nothing
> else I can point you to relevant tables and stored procedures in the
> db docs.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Thanks, Chris.

This is going to be a one-time migration for a customer who prints out
monthly invoices for a recurring service. I would like to transfer from
their current system basic customer data, current balances and, if possible,
the recurring invoices.

I was thinking that it would be prudent to try doing that via the code
rather than directly accessing the raw tables, hopefully, to allow the
system to point to any missing and necessary data.

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>