[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Propose requiring Perl 5.10 for LedgerSMB 1.4
- Subject: Re: Propose requiring Perl 5.10 for LedgerSMB 1.4
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:08:15 -0700
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Lyle <..hidden..> wrote:
> A lot of servers out in the wild are still on flavours of RHEL5, such as
> CentOS. They are all stuck on perl5.8, so such a requirement may be far
> reaching. This was recently discussed on the DBI mailing list.
Two quick points:
1) I expect 1.3 to be supported (on Perl 5.8) for at least 5 years as
far as community support, and indefinitely as far as paid support.
2) This would be for new development only. I wouldn't expect 1.4 to
run on less than RHEL 6, and again be supported for at least 5 years.