[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: File attachment API proposal v2
- Subject: Re: File attachment API proposal v2
- From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:54:28 -0700
Hi Luke and Erik;
First, yes, there were some typos. This was intended to be a
pseudocode example not a rigid spec. Luke, your interpretation there
Erik: To create a new type of file attachment what you really have to
do in this framework is:
1) Create a new table partition for the base info
2) Create new table partitions for secondary links
3) Create a view for files linking to the type of attachment
4) Modify UI as required.
The first two are largely copy/paste (and probably ask about numbers
from the community first).
The last two involve more custom coding.
BTW, I am going to suggest the following number assignments to start:
5) Entity Credit Account (Customer/Vendor)
8) Unattached Imports
9) Standard Documents
I am looking into file type detection.