Re: Tax account creation: how to 'detect' tax accounts?

Chris Travers writes:
> The only legitimate reason I can see would be if someone checked it by
> accident and wanted to uncheck it before things were really
> configured.  It seems to me the simple answer is to disallow
> unchecking when the account exists in the tax table, i.e. has already
> been configured as a tax account.

If an out-of-state customer picks up his order I must collect Wisconsin
and Pierce County sales tax.  If I ship it to him I don't.  If I ship to
an in-state customer I must collect the sales tax (if any) for his
county (as well as state tax) rather than mine.  If he resides in a
special tax district I may need to collect that tax, depending on the
type of goods.  If he picks it up I collect Pierce County tax.  Thus
depending on the location at which the sale is deemed to have occurred I
may or may not have to collect one or more of several taxes from a given
customer for a given transaction.  I cannot classify a customer as
always taxable or never taxable.
--
John Hasler
..hidden..