Re: LSMB mails appearing as 'www-data'

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011, Chris Travers wrote:

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

Hi,

With the patch I sent a few minutes ago, I'm able to send invoices
from LSMB. However, a problem remains: they appear as 'www-data', but
I need to be able to set the 'From' field to an e-mail address which
is handled by a ticketing system.

Where can I set the users' (or a system global) e-mail address?

I am afraid that in looking into this it looks like the emails are now
tied to the person record, and not immediately changed here.

So how do we want to handle this?  Set a global email?  Allow
administrators to set emails per users?
I think maybe a flag between that, and forcing a global (some people prefer
to send invoices from sales@blabla, or a paypal universal address).

Well, from what I understand from Chris, there's no longer such a
field in the admin user, since all of the contact data has moved to
the 'person' type entity records: admin users are now employees. So,
at the very least, there are a few extra levels of indirection to be
stepped through to achieve what you say (ie allow for the
user-specific value). However, I don't think one bites the other:
having a default should just be that; when someone comes along to
implement the user-specific bit, we'll say that it was a default all
along.

Even simpler than I described originally:
There should be a system default.  (or more like a company default.)
Then, assuming there is some varient of user level preferences, allow the company default to be overridden there, if the user has permissions enough to change it.

Luke