Re: LSMB mails appearing as 'www-data'

Hi Luke,

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Luke <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2011, Chris Travers wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With the patch I sent a few minutes ago, I'm able to send invoices
>>> from LSMB. However, a problem remains: they appear as 'www-data', but
>>> I need to be able to set the 'From' field to an e-mail address which
>>> is handled by a ticketing system.
>>>
>>> Where can I set the users' (or a system global) e-mail address?
>>>

>> I am afraid that in looking into this it looks like the emails are now
>> tied to the person record, and not immediately changed here.
>>
>> So how do we want to handle this?  Set a global email?  Allow
>> administrators to set emails per users?
>
> The old way, was to use the logged in user's email address, yes?

That's what I understand from Chris too, yes.

> I think maybe a flag between that, and forcing a global (some people prefer
> to send invoices from sales@blabla, or a paypal universal address).

Well, from what I understand from Chris, there's no longer such a
field in the admin user, since all of the contact data has moved to
the 'person' type entity records: admin users are now employees. So,
at the very least, there are a few extra levels of indirection to be
stepped through to achieve what you say (ie allow for the
user-specific value). However, I don't think one bites the other:
having a default should just be that; when someone comes along to
implement the user-specific bit, we'll say that it was a default all
along.

> Let the address be set globally, and put a checkbox in preferences for
> whether to use it.
>
> Speaking of such things, do we have a company wide BCC for outgoing email yet?

Don't think so, but if I'm working on a company wide from, I could
easily provision for configurable company wide CC and BCC.

bye,

Erik.