Re: Features you would like to see in 2.0

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 19:57 -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Luke wrote:
>
> > Oh, and I would like to see invoices that don't change after the fact,
>
> +1 on this.
>
> > The other thing on invoices is editable notes.
>
> And on this.
>
> It's worse than ironic that the default work flow does not let you edit
> non-sensitive parts of invoices, but silently changes the totals on
> existing invoices when tax rates change.
>
> I like to be able to edit invoices.  People are human and sometimes
> make mistakes that don't get noticed until the invoice is printed.
> But I guess if this violates accounting practices, I can live with
> canceling the invoice and making a new one.

I would go for permanent invoices AND non-editable invoices (notes not
included). The proper acct workflow is that if an invoice has a mistake
and has been posted, you void it and create a new one.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor