Re: Payroll

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:50 AM, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:
> I don't see payroll anywhere in the roadmap.  Are there any plans?  I
> have no need for it but I know a consultant in Chicago who would love to
> get all his clients off QuickBooks if only he could find a FOSS solution
> with payroll.

There are a number of us kind of kicking some ideas around at the
moment.  I am expecting work to begin in earnest after 1.3 is
released.  However given the direction we are going it would probably
be an add-on instead a part of the core program.  Coming up with a
generic way of even storing the payroll data is a fairly hard issue.
Most likely it would start out as country-specific and then break into
a top-half (local rules) and a bottom half (storage for multiple sets
of rules).