To git or not to git?

Chris, et al

In March, there was a discussion about whether to move to git. (It was under the thread "ready to branch 1.3 off?", I believe.)

That discussion appears to have ended.

While I personally fall in the git camp, I'm a non-developer except for minor local things just now, so do not consider my opinion worth much on the subject.

That said, is it possible that we will know what direction we are going on this, and actually take the steps to initiate that direction, sometime in the rather near future?

It is just one of lots of dangling issues, and it seems pretty straight forward. Either tabulate the votes of the community as expressed in the thread(s); just decide it among the core team based on whatever; or ask whatever questions need answering in order to decide.

So, how ever it is done, has this been, or can this be, decided soon?

Regards,

Luke