Re: Proposal for 2.0: New monetary data types

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Michael Richardson wrote:

One of the things I want to contribute (and yes, GIT would make doing
this easier for me),  is the ability to run LSMB in a directory as a
mortal user.  That is, run the postgresql cluster as the current user,
with a local pg_hba.conf, etc.

This reduces the installation problem for a single user significantly,
and frankly, also makes developer work easier.

That sounds mighty difficult given the new user model, unless one has superuser power on PostGresql.

Luke