Re: Proposal for 2.0: New monetary data types

Is there any way to provide basic functionality similar to 1.2, and use all of this as an LSMB module?

(That's probably already the plan, but if you're backing this with a type, then maybe not...)

If the idea of 2.0 is "Kis - add what you need", then a small single employee local service company, should not have to deal with all this re extra dependencies, etc..

If the history of this project is any indication, sorry to say it, the chance that this functionality will "just work" without any dependencies, added configuration/maintenance/thought/effort, etc., and otherwise just sink into the background if not needed, seems rather slim.

Luke

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Michael Richardson wrote:

"Chris" == Chris Travers <..hidden..> writes:
   Chris> Also this will be broken off and implemented in C as a
   Chris> Pg-foundry project and the goal would be to keep this
   Chris> applicable to other software projects as well (or rather I am
   Chris> collaborating with someone to do this).

Be aware that this does add an additional dependancy for installation.
I'm not saying don't do it, just that it adds additional installation
dependancy.