Re: Three Possible Bugs in 1.2.X

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:57 AM, David Godfrey <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Luke

I apologize in advance if I have misunderstood your need.

As Chris has determined that a "proper" fix is not viable at this time,
would an interim solution as follows do for bug 3 ?

I guess I should have noted that the pricing bug will be fixed
somehow.,  The rest can't reasonably.

Ok.  I have concluded some testing and I haven't been able to
reproduce the pricing bug.

Luke:  Could you double check that there isn't anything going on with
the price matrix for this part and vendor?

Chris, please try this.  (1.2)

1.  Create a tax rate of 8%.
(I actually have 1 for 2% and 1 for 6%, but they are both in play)

2.  Create some test vendor and test customer.  Neither should be taxable.

3. Create a taxable (see #1) test service, at price 11.00 and cost 8.16, with test vendor as the only vendor.

4.  Post a sales order to test customer, for 1 of test service.

5.  Generate a PO based on that order, to test vendor.

6. Order Entry -> Reports -> Purchase Orders. Standard report for open POs, run against test vendor.

You should see a PO lineitem listed, with a total of 8.81.

If you do, and you click on the PO, all the numbers will be correct at 8.16, except possibly the credit limit. Since I have this happening on two orders at once, the credit limit shows the total of the incorrect values for both orders, and is obviously wrong.

Saving the order again will fix the report.

I will note that this is a different customer, vendor, product, and order series, than the last time. The GL accounts and taxes are the same.

(I have seen this many times, but I mean "than the last time I spoke of this".)

Regards,

Luke