Re: ready to branch 1.3 off?

I understand the excitement about moving to 2.0--I share it. I don't expect ever to switch to 1.3 in production, if 2.0 gets going in the next 18 months or so.

I'm even looking forward to contributing to it, as much as I don't like PERL.:)

After I sent my message, I thought about it again. It occurs to me that good portions of the sessions and user management code, as well as probably the security elements, will be reasonable to patch from 1.3 to 2.0--if what I think you want to do is actually what you want to do. Still, though, I'd rather see that stuff contributed back in after re-vetting, after 1.3 is not a primary concurrent development concern.

Having 1.2 in bugfix releases, 1.3 in pre-release, and 2.0 in active development, sounds very painful to a very small community of devs. Unless of course you really do want to skip 1.3 and go straight to 2.0.
I'd probably be all over that idea, but I doubt most others would.

Luke