Re: Should we switch to a dcvs for 2.0?

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

Hi all;

As we move more to an addon-centric model, it seems to me we have two choices:

1) We could recommend that addons get their own project space on
sourceforge, etc

Personally, I am not a huge fan of SF. I'd rather see simplified project space on ledgersmb.org. Sorry, I'm going to do it again, but along the lines of the drupal.org project system. It keeps everything in the same look & feel, provides a standard way for managing mature projects from the home site, and makes it very easy for the new user to know what's what.

> 2) We could move to a dcvs and
if Sourceforge does not provide
sufficient permission management facilities, move elsewhere.

I agree with the two preceding comments: (A) we should do this anyway; and (B) git seems like a good choice.:) Not so committed to (B) if something better happens along though.

Luke