Re: Proposed Architecture Changes in 2.0 (Request for comments)

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Chris Travers wrote:

6)  Workflow scripts will allow stacks of coderefs to be pushed onto
before, instead, and after piles, allowing for shims to be placed by
system integrators at these points.

Interesting statement, perhaps only because I am used to thinking about this in the context of arrays of functions, not stacks of references to them, although functionally the same. I assume that this is your idea of a hook implementation, to allow third (and first, for that matter) party modules to be integrated with core and each other? Or are you talking strictly about third party integration, and not about internal module integration? I assume the former, because in the new design the two would be indistinguishable I believe.

So a module (sorry, addon) can put its function call inline with the others which will take place during a certain action, or it can supersede that action, or precede it. Correct?
You will need a weight system.

Luke (now NATech on #ledgersmb)