Re: SO Reports bug in 1.2.X

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-devel] SO Reports bug in 1.2.X
From: Chris Travers <..hidden..>
To: Development discussion for LedgerSMB
<..hidden..>
Date: Tue 02 Mar 2010 10:28:48 AM PST
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:43 AM, John Locke <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> Not to make more work, but what I'd like to see is mention of a wildcard
>> character, and document it.
>>
>> If the wildcard character is in the box, make it a LIKE query and
>> observe the setting on the open/closed boxes.
>>
>> If there's no wildcard, make it a case-insensitive match on the entire
>> string.
>>

> Ok.  So we want more documentation of this feature in the manual.  No problem.
>
> Actually, what it does, is use ILIKE, so it is case insensitive in
> either case, and accepts standard SQL wildcards.
>
> Does that sound about right?

I think that's fine, personally. The main question is whether it ignores
or observes the open/closed checkboxes (it appears to currently ignore
them, only if you put something in the order/invoice number field).
Documenting that should be plenty for now--unless it's causing some
grief for others?

I'm proposing some approaches for getting either behavior -- either do a
search with the open/closed boxes, or without. One of the things I don't
like about Ledger is how I keep having to enter search criteria--it
never remembers things I've set, and it's lots of mouse-clicks or
tabbing to populate what should be really quick things.

There's definitely a lot of room for improvement in terms of usability.
One of these days I'll get a chance to make some more concrete
contributions in this area...

Cheers,
John Locke
http://freelock.com