OT: Email basices (was Re: Email Format Poll for the list)

David Godfrey wrote:

> Personally I am happy to send in Plain Text, although I consider the lack of
> "flowed text" in most clients (including thunderbird) to be a major issue.

Thunderbird supports flowed text very well.  Just make sure your

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt

> Thunderbird, and some other clients treat multipart sections as attachments

Thunderbird gets it right if you have a Content-Disposition: inline
header.  Outlook gets it wrong no matter what... but you're wasting
your time if you're trying to please Outlook.

Regards,

David.