Re: Email Format Poll for the list

Ok So I am a day late,
I said I would get this sent on Friday, and plumb forgot!

The results on the poll were surprising considering the amount of HTML mail seen
on the list.
They were also disappointing, out of the entire subscriber base, there we only

2  Don't Care
2  Multi Part is fine
12 Prefer Text only

In some cases multipart or HTML won't be read or have increased likelyhood of
being scored as spam.

I will respond to Strollers excellent comments in a separate email.
Thank you to all who responded, many of you raised valid and interesting points.

Personally I am happy to send in Plain Text, although I consider the lack of
"flowed text" in most clients (including thunderbird) to be a major issue.

Since before I started this thread, my client has been set to send "plain text
only", I sent the original email in HTML to attract attention. It certainly
seems to have worked! :)

With regard to Multipart email, in general I don't like it, partly because of a
"feature" of thunderbird, and partly because the plain text version of a message
written in HTML will often be incorrectly formatted.
Thunderbird, and some other clients treat multipart sections as attachments
(including vcards that outlook often sends) and on recent releases consumes a
large chunk of screen displaying ICONS for each attached file (or mime part)
In the old days it was not so bad, the attachments were listed as text, and
often in a pane that was collapsed by default, sadly this is no longer the case.
I suppose I really should come up with a suggested solution and raise a bug :(

Once again thank you to all who participated, and may the list stay HTML free.

Regards
David Godfrey