AUTH SMTP and TLS

Hi guys,
There was some discussion a while ago about authenticated SMTP. I think someone posted a solution using a sendmail replacement.
I - of course - went a different route.
I modified Mailer.pm to use Net::SMTP::TLS to connect to the Submission (587 TLS) port of my mail server, authenticate and send mail from the AR "email" and "recurring transactions" sections.
Its a bit of a hack - and I did have to patch a know bug in the latest Net::SMTP::TLS - I would be happy to tidy it up a bit and post it if anyone would like to try it.

Paul W