Re: Serialized Inventory

blck shp <blckshp.sp@...> writes:
> O.K., stupid question. How does this work? I mean, where do I
> customize? Should I make another .pl and/or .pm and mod the existing
> .pl's, etc.? Then what? How do my changes get into a release or become
> a candidate? Is there a steering group? Is there a vote? Who's bread
> do I need to butter? :D

Customization of a local copy of LedgerSMB is common, I think. I use git-svn to
track upstream svn (trunk or branches/1.2) and keep my patchset current with
git-svn rebase.

For things that are generally useful, LedgerSMB has accepted patches and new
functionality in the past, particularly for trunk (1.3). Best to document what
you plan to do and propose it on this list.

> Are there constraints or procedures I need to follow? What are the guidelines?

> Hmm. I don't see a "serial number" field in either the AP--Vendor
> Invoice ir.pl) or AR--Sales Invoice (is.pl) on my version 1.2.18. Has
> this been changed?

As Luke pointed out, when you add a line item to a Sales Order, you'll see a
serial number field per line item.

Best to experiment with Sales Orders and later post them as Sales Invoices, BTW.
LedgerSMB and GAAP discourage editing and reposting invoices.

Jeff