Session Expired error in 1.2.18 -$eeking dev help monday

We are continuing to have problems getting session expired errors. This is
a real show stopper for us. If any developers or power users have time for
some paid work Monday or Tuesday contact me.
Things I have attempted:
1) I have adjusted the session time outs.
2) I am using Konqueror web browser, Safari and Firefox.
3) Looked at Apache errors and resolved all.
4) Checked the session table.

Steps to reproduce problem:

1) Open Ledgersmb 1.2.18 with 5 other active user sessions. The browser
does not matter Konqueror, Safari, of Firefox. (regular edition browsers)
Any version of the above 3.
2) Click open new window 2X so to have 3 working tabs. If you do more you
are guaranteed to get errors but I think 3 tabs 1 user is realistic.

3) Load a full search in two of the tabs at the same time. I will run a
search on a parts table of 3000 items that will return 150 results and a
customer report that will return 300 customers full addresses.

4) Now open a new quotation or invoice in the original session enter a few
items and click update. You will get a red "Session expired!" and might
loose the data you entered in the quotation. Check the session table and
you should have 3 valid session keys. It sometimes takes a few attempts
for the error to happen. You can also log in as a different user and get
session expired errors.
A different and worse error I can get is after I get the " Session
expired! Password ________" Is the browser just returns to
"password___________" as if the callback is to itself. Refreshing the web
page (F5) instead of entering the password returns the browser to main
page correctly logged in. This is why I think this one is a call back
issue.

We have no custom code around sessions but we are running some custom
stuff for construction project management and reverse assembly billing
that uses call backs. I am not ruling out our code on the second callback
issue but the first Session expired happens on any page.

If you can not reproduce this and a are a regular contributor to this
mailing list email me and I will give you a user name and password to my
demo-sandbox testing site.

Any other suggestions would be helpful and welcome.

Thanks
Turtle