Re: Any objection to declaring a 1.3 partial feature freeze?

Hi Chris,

I'm keen! I think it's a viable plan - I'd be happy to use 1.3 in parallel with an existing system for one or two companies.
Regards,
David Sentinella.

Chris Travers wrote:
Hi all;

Since 1.2 was released we have overhauled much more of the software than we expected to do for 1.3. 1.3 to date has new logic for check payment and printing, cash reconciliation, drafts and vouchers, user management and security, and database setup in addition to the areas we expected to get into. If we don't stop shortly, there won't be a 1.3, and we will go eventually to 2.0. Such an approach wouldn't be good for the project as it would greatly complicate our testing and QA requirements.

At this point, I am going to suggest that all non-essential (for 1.3) development stop and we start rolling towards a public beta perhaps as early as the end of the month. The following areas would be exempt from the feature freeze:
1)  CSS tweaks and stylesheets
2)  Installation and setup
3)  Year-end procedures (hopefully to be committed tonight)
4)  Overpayment functionality (last feature should be in place tomorrow)
5)  1099 reports.
6)  Functionality present in 1.2 but missing in 1.3

I will also be breaking off the fixed asset handling into an add-on module. MRP functions under development will also broken off.

What do people think?

Enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge This is your chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes! For a limited time, vendors submitting new applications to BlackBerry App World(TM) will have the opportunity to enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge. See full prize details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/Challenge
begin:vcard
fn:David Sentinella
n:Sentinella;David
org:Integrated Imaging Pty Ltd
adr:334 Barrenjoey Rd;;Suite 3 ;Newport;NSW;2106;Australia
email;internet:..hidden..
title:Managing Director
tel;work:+61 2 9999 6805
tel;fax:+61 2 9997 7426