Re: LedgerSMB website

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-devel] LedgerSMB website
From: Chris Bennett <..hidden..>
To: Development discussion for LedgerSMB
<..hidden..>
Date: Thu 25 Jun 2009 10:46:28 AM PDT
> Stroller wrote:
>
>> Since there were no replies to my previous email, I don't know whether
>> you want this reported or not, but there's still loads of comment spam
>> on the website.
>>
>> EG:
>> http://www.ledgersmb.org/node/40#comment-396
>> http://www.ledgersmb.org/node/40#comment-394
>>
>> Stroller.
>>

> I use a very simple and easy method to stop all form spam.
> Form spam appeared a while back and I was getting really sick of many
> spam messages from my different sites web forms.
>
> I adapted the method the forum software I use has and added it to all my
> forms. Since these forms are all POST method, I also added a check to
> kill any attempts at GET method use of forms. Voila! Now I have no more
> spam getting through.
>
> Of course this method won't stop a real live human manually spamming,
> but there really aren't any of those to speak of!
>
> If anyone is interested, email me directly and I'll send a copy of what
> I use.
>
> Chris Bennett

We're currently focused on Drupal development these days, and we're
managing a lot of Drupal deployments in git, including a set of standard
contrib modules with various captcha choices. If it would help, I'd be
happy to move the web site into our environment where we could keep it
up to date and tighten down the spam prevention...

Or if I could gain access to the server, I could do some upgrades/module
installation.

Cheers,
John Locke
http://freelock.com