Re: GAAP (was Re: Patch for serious bug in LedgerSMB 1.2.16)

turtle wrote:
> I need to make a button (sub function) that makes both a sales order and a
> purchase order from a quotation. When we sell a job we know we are going to
> go buy the parts. It could tell too if there were items in the inventory left
> over from another job.
> The next problem I run into with this is I dont know who the vendor is until
> later when the electrician returns with the receipts. I could guess we
> usually buy from vendor A but vendor A might be out of the way so the
> electrician goes to more expensive vendor B to save on time.
> I guess I could make a generic PO then have the select what items are from
> what vendor happen at a later stage.

turtle,

I lost track of who in the thread that is just now convinced to try the
Sales Order fulfullment workflow. If you haven't yet, try it, and I think
you may find the above is supported by using LedgerSMB in this way.

1) Create Sales Order(s)

2) Go to Order Entry | Generate | Purchase Orders (from Sales Orders)

3) When Generating Purchase Orders for selected Sales Order line items,
If you have multiple vendorpart definitions for that part, it will ask you
to select which vendor you would like to use.

You'll end up with one or more new Purchase Orders to fulfill the line
items in your Sales Orders.

Jeff