Re: Best practice for customization to allow persistance between versions?

Ed Wildgoose-2 wrote:
> Check it all out using git, branch it and make your edits to your hearts
> content...
>
> ...all the cool cats are using git these days... ;-)

Now that's a much better idea! So when a new version comes out, I check it
out and just merge the new release branch with my branch? Are there any
guidelines I should follow to avoid problems in merging? E.g. suppose I add
a button, and the new release adds a button in the same place... I'm unsure
of how merge would handle this.

Thanks !