Re: Question about import process from sql-ledger, and Rose::DB

I would be very interested to see your import script - please post it

I am working with quite a bit of rails stuff at the moment so I like object mappings to the database, ROSE looks very nice also. However, if you read back there was a long thread about ORMs in LSMB and Chris's opinion was that he doesn't like them. I personally think he is missing the point and that an ORM (home grown or using an off the shelf thing) saves a LOT of work once setup and can also simplify the code significantly. I think the problem is that a lot of off the shelf ORMs don't handle the case of updates being made via stored procedures very neatly - I personally believe this can be worked into many ORMs very neatly, but I don't have the time to do the development so I have to shut up

I think it would be very interesting if you took this further and tried to add something int SL which used the correct SPs to edit the data rather than poking the tables directly?

Good luck

Ed W