Re: PostgreSQL and DBD::Pg requirements for 1.4 and later

Chris Travers wrote:
Hi all;

Normally I would like to see us harmonize our PostgreSQL dependencies
with the PostgreSQL distribution from the web site.  I.e. we should
eventually hope to support all versions which are publically supported
on the PostgreSQL.org site.  However, there are cases where we need to
think about dropping support for some older versions when the benefits
outweigh the interest of long-term support for PostgreSQL versions.

Just note that quite a few distros probably still don't provide an 8.3 package so probably you will have more support calls

Gentoo still hard masks 8.3 (although I don't know why - probably still some outstanding bugs with packaging). Not sure on other distros

No complaints from me about advancing to latest and greatest versions though if it makes coding easier!

Ed W