Re: Was - Urgent , We have a new taxes , I need a help - now OT Gobernmint

On 5/16/08, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:
Markus A Lien writes:
> Another common one that we thought of that is actually charged by
> shipping companies NOT gov't is a fuel surcharge by shipping companies.

But they are not obligated to account for those seperately and remit them
to the government.  It's just a more complex way for them to compute the
price.

Example: cattle dealers in the US are required to collect $1.00 per head
purchased and remit it to the government [or did last time I sold cattle:
this may have changed].

--
John Hasler

John - before you cry too loudly  there are (IIRC) at least 3 different fees here in Alberta when we sell cattle and then on top of it all there are manditory identification tags. The supply chain benefits from them but only the primary producer installs them!!

Darald