Re: Entering a Sales Invoice via a script.

John,

Thanks for the suggestion, this is the route that I've taken so far but with little success. I have yet to find the magic combination of form fields that will allow me to directly submit an invoice into the system.

It has also been suggested that I go against the IS.pm module directly but I haven't had the time to pursue that route yet. I've looked over the IS.pm code some but have yet to determine if I can get to the single-call submission nirvana that I hope to achieve.

What I'm trying to do is this: I have an email address setup for submission of a 'service ticket' (for lack of a better label). I send in emails to my 'service ticket' email account as I go about my day visiting my clients -- they're very simple emails with just the necessary info in them: the subject line is the client name, the email body consists of service code (part number), time (qty), and description of service (to go into the line item note field), date of service can be pulled from the date of the email. Once a month (or how ever frequently I chose to bill :), I want my script to process mail from the billing account and submit invoices into LSMB. The biggest catch in this is getting the invoice submitted in one shot. I can lookup/translate whatever I need to from my script (I use short codes for my client names -- ASC instead of Acme Supply Company -- so some translation is needed anyway) but what I haven't wrapped my brain around fully yet is exactly what I need to look up. I can translate ASC into the full customername, or the customer_id -- either's good for me, but I haven't figured out what LSMB expects. Same goes for all the other fields -- what do I need to supply to be successful. I suppose I just need a 'Code Immersion Weekend' -- I'm sure my wife & kids will love the idea ;)

ANY ideas would be gladly accepted.

Regards
Del

John Locke wrote:
Del: I just updated a script for adding/synchronizing customers via the CLI. The simple way is to look at the web interface form, and add each field you see (other than checkboxes).

The Firefox view frame info -> Forms tab is perfect for this, gives you a list of all fields visible on the form. Any you omit will be blank.

Del Miller wrote:
I am in need of pushing sales invoices into lsmb via a script. Writing the script is not a problem but I need to know the minimum fields required to get an invoice in. I've looked at the oe.pl module (and ended up confused at best) and also the 'enter sales invoice' web page that lsmb generates... but there's quite a few fields there to play with. I was hoping to get to writing the script rather than spend the next couple of weeks guessing at what may work. Anyone around here have such information??
Cheers,