Re: Gentoo ebuild

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 04:52:28 Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> 2008. 03. 4, kedd keltezéssel 12.37-kor Stroller ezt írta:
> > >
> > > AFAIK the required perl modules are exist in the overlay.
> >
> > Which overlay, please?
> >
> > I wasn't aware of a Gentoo ebuild, experimental or otherwise. On my
> > system ledger-smb (and previously sql-ledger) is installed from the
> > tarball; some Perl modules are installed using app-portage/g-cpan.
> >
> >   $ sudo g-cpan -l
> >   * No CPAN Config found, auto-generating a basic one
> > mkdir /home/stroller/.cpan
> > mkdir /home/stroller/.cpan/CPAN
> >   * OVERLAY: /usr/local/portage/perl-gcpan
> >   * perl-gcpan/Config-Std
> >   * perl-gcpan/Class-Std
> >   * perl-gcpan/Data-Dumper
> > $
> >
> > Stroller.
>
> Hi,
>
> I guess, the webapps-experimental.
> I also has this overlay.
>
> My experience is, Class-Std doesn't installed even with g-cpan.
> Do not ask why, but I have this issue with two different machines, one
> of them totally built from scratch.
>
> Cheers,
> István

Yes it is the webapps-experimental overlay I am working on a how to in this
portion of that thread:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4568135.html#4568135
G-cpan needs to be the first overlay in /etc/make.conf  like:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/ /usr/portage/local/layman"
My g-cpan is in /usr/local/portage/perl-gcpan or something like that.
layman installs in /usr/local/layman.

--
Cheers
Turtle