Re: Some consistency issues

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 03:34:38PM -0800, Chris Travers wrote:
> Try:
>
> SELECT * from acc_trans WHERE trans_id NOT IN
> (select id from ar UNION select id from ap UNION select id from gl)
> ORDER BY transdate;

(102 rows)

It's actually 3 different transactions, from what I can see:

SELECT count(trans_id),transdate from acc_trans
WHERE trans_id NOT IN
(select id from ar UNION select id from ap UNION select id from gl)
GROUP BY transdate ORDER BY transdate;
 count | transdate
 -------+------------
     93 | 2007-10-23
      4 | 2007-10-24
      5 | 2007-11-09
   (3 rows)

Or maybe 6 transactions?

koumbit-ls=# SELECT trans_id from acc_trans WHERE trans_id NOT IN
(select id from ar UNION select id from ap UNION select id from gl)
GROUP BY trans_id;
   [...]
   (6 rows)

> the transactions table in 1.2.x is not as useful as it might be.  this is
> fixed in /trunk but due to the difficulties in dealing with the existing db
> structure, you are better off checking the financial tables directly.

What is the transactions table anyways?

> > Basically, another way to ask the question is: what does the trans_id
> > column refer to? I thought it was to the id columns in the ap/ar or
> > transactions tables, but here it seems I have 959 rows that do not refer
> > to anything at all.
>

> What about the gl table?

Seems I forgot that one. :) Good to hear i 'only' have 6 transactions to
fix...

How should I proceed?

A.

--
L'ennui avec la grande famille humaine, c'est que tout le monde veut
en être le père.