Roadmap for PostgreSQL 8.3 support

Hi all;

A few things have been brought to my attention which suggest that the
full text search capabilities are not going to be the only issue with
PostgreSQL 8.3 and LSMB 1.3.  In particular there have been some
changes to the way values are converted two and from strings which
will cause an unknown level of difficulty for us.  I think we need to
expect that LedgerSMB 1.3 will not support PostgreSQL 8.3, and that we
need to target support for that version with LedgerSMB 1.4.

My suggestion therefore is that we handle this as follows:
1)  List PostgreSQL 8.3 as unsupported
2)  Be willing to accept compatibility fixes in LSMB 1.3 to make it
work with PostgreSQL 8,3 once it is released.  Such support with be
handled as the path of least resistance (compatibility modules, etc).
3)  Move to new framework as the native one with LedgerSMB 1.4 (in
other words, we include forward-compatibility modules for full text
search)

Does this sound like something that everyone can get behind?