Re: Proposal: License Change for Manual And Standardization of Licenses for Official Docs

MJ,

> Creative Commons licenses are complicated and contain lawyerbombs -
> things which are vague and/or confusing and/or CC has ignored requests
> to explain.  I don't see the benefit over a BSD-style documentation
> licence if that's what's wanted.

Could you be a little more specific on this?  I've always found CC.org to be
very approachable, and their contributers *are* attorneys, so I would tend to
think they know what they're talking about.

CC would have the advantage of being the most popular non-code set of
licenses, and thus help us on license compatibility more than any other.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun