Re: Proposal: License Change for Manual And Standardization of Licenses for Official Docs

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:23:04PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> 3)  The license will be shorter, and easier to understand for everyone.

A couple notes:

> My proposed license text is:
> Copyright 2005-2007 The LedgerSMB Project. All rights reserved.
> [Maintainer may list additional copyright separately]
>
> Redistribution and use in source (the preferred form for editing, for
> example SGML DocBook) and 'compiled' forms (SGML, HTML, PDF,
> PostScript, RTF and so forth) with or without modification, are
> permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

You may want to specify LaTeX as a preferred form for editing.  We don't
have any DocBook, SGML or otherwise, and some other projects use it as
an intermediate form during the preparation of the compiled form.

>    1.      Redistributions of source code (for example, SGML DocBook)
> must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and
> the following disclaimer as the first lines of this file unmodified.
>    2.      Redistributions in compiled form (transformed to other DTDs
> or formats) must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of
> conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or
> other materials provided with the distribution.
>
> THIS DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED BY THE LEDGERSMB DOCUMENTATION PROJECT
> "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
> LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
> A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FREEBSD
> DOCUMENTATION PROJECT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
You missed a mention of the FreeBSD Documentation Project.

--
Seneca
..hidden..