Re: Proposal: License Change for Manual And Standardization of Licenses for Official Docs

On 10/20/07, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:

> Not that I have any objection to the change, but note that your proposed
> license would not prevent the addition of invariant sections (or changes
> and additions under pretty much any terms the author of the changes wants
> to use).

Fair enough.  Obviously as one who has contributed to the manual, I
doubt we would move on this without your support.  (As mentioned in
the initial email I wanted to see what the general conensus was first
so we could avoid any problems such as those you mentioned).

> > My proposed license text is: Copyright 2005-2007 The LedgerSMB Project.
>
> Is The LedgerSMB Project a corporation?  If not I don't believe that it can
> own a copyright.

We can lists contributors separately.  That is not a problem.  We
could also add "and others" for safety.

> > All rights reserved.
>
> Under current copyright law this sentence has no legal significance.

Also fair enough.   My own preference would be to leave it in just
because I think it contributes to clarity of the license.