Re: Non-profit/Campus Management Expansion for LedgerSMB?

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 15:33 -0400, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I am the IT director for a Bible College & Seminary. After spending
> nearly a year looking at the various accounting/crm/campus management
> packages and the associated very large price tags, we started hunting
> in the open source world to see what was available. LedgerSMB stands
> out as the best potential candidate for us to date. However, our needs
> are somewhat different than those of the typical business. So there
> will have to be some additional "modules" developed in order for
> LedgerSMB to become a complete solution for us. Here is a quick
> summary list of "additions" we would require:
snip
> More Context Related:
>    Library Management (think "rental")
snip

> So... is there any interest? It sure would be nice not to go it alone here.

There was an OS program from someplace in Australia for library use. I
read of it - have never used it and no little about it. Would suggest
that you search is the usual repositories.

Interfacing that with LedgerSMB will be the work of others.

I am merely a lurker who wants to use LedgerSMB (who is also an info
junkie!!).

Hope that helps!

Darald