Re: SPANISH - LEDGERSMB WEB SITE

David pointed me to the i18n project for Drupal which might help here.

http://drupal.org/project/i18n

Might be a good thing for our site.  Any thoughts?

On 9/17/07, Ashley J Gittins <..hidden..> wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, David Mora wrote:
> Hi, My name is David,
>
> for those of you who havent seen me on the IRC channel, im kind of "the new
> guy",
> i wanted to offer my services to translate certain parts of the website
> (initially, like the roadmap section, the about and so... ) to spanish,
>
> I was talking with Christopher (Metatrontech) and we agreed on posting it
> here... if you want me to do this,
> please tell me... i will be glad to help :)

Hi David, great to meet you.

I don't have much info to contribute, other than to say that Drupal (the CMS
we use for the LedgerSMB website) does have an i18n module available which
provides the ability for us to have multiple translations for each page, so
that we could support translations of various parts of the website into
various languages if we install the internationalization module (
http://drupal.org/project/i18n ).

As for whether we should support this, I would vote yes, I think it would be
great for building the community. I think there would have to be an
understanding however that most contributors at this stage are
English-speaking, so people would have to accept that the translations may be
inaccurate or out of date. Even so, I would think that having localised
translations would make things a lot easier to get started with for many.

--
Regards,
        Ashley J Gittins