Re: Thoughts on payment handling in 1.4.x

On 4/26/07, John Hasler <..hidden..> wrote:
Gerald writes:
> Of course changing a transaction in this environment will become
> impossible, making auditors very happy and end-users looking for ways
> around the system.

It is quite possible to create a reversing entry and mark it so that the
transaction appears to have been changed to the user.  I don't think that
it is really necessary to allow posted transactions to be altered anyway,
though.  IMHO if you are doing that frequently there is something wrong
with your work flow.

Long-run I want to see workflows mapped so that altering a financial
transaction that has been posted is *never* done.  We can provide a
nice UI for reversing and correcting invoices but it will be done only
with inserts, not updates :-)

And the reversals would show up on GL reports and the like.