SQL-Ledger License Change (?)

Hi all;

SQL-Ledger 2.8.0 has been released.  One of the interesting changes
that we have noticed is in the terms of the copyright license.  There
indeed seems to be a great deal of confusion about the license terms
that the software is licensed under.  The doc/COPYRIGHT still mentions
the GPL v. 2 or later while the COPYING file includes a wholely new
license.  Because no copy of the GPL was included in this distribution
despite that licensing requirement, I think we should all assume that
the DWS's intent was to change the license as to make it incompatible
with the previous licenses.  I would assume that he has received all
necessary permissions from all contributors to make that happen.

Despite the fact that we are moving away from SQL-Ledger's traditional
architecture, I think it is important to ensure that we are above
reproach in these areas.  I would suggest that we avoid using any DWS
code in our system.  Although all new code should be using the new
architecture, I wanted to give the heads up that this might now be a
legal as well as a technical issue.