Announcing LedgerSMB 1.2 feature freeze

Hi all;

The LedgerSMB 1.2 codebase has reached the feature freeze point.  We
expect to be releasing beta 1 shortly.  I would like to deeply thank
all contributors from the core team or otherwise who have helped make
this possible.

LedgerSMB 1.2 is the most significant revision to date.  Numerous
security issues have been removed or reduced following an in-depth
audit by our core team.  Additionally the following significant
changes were made:

1) LedgerSMB now uses Gettext for localization and all current
translations have been converted into .po files.
2) Metatron Technology Consulting's SL-POS has been merged with the
current codebase
3) Real-time credit card processing API has been added.
4)  All user information is now stored in a PostgreSQL database (can
be shared between data sets).
5)  A script is included to help set replication for the LSMB database
using Slony-I.
6)  Changes to format of configuration files.
7)  New LaTeX and XML-friendly template scheme.

You can check out our current (long) changelog from the SVN repository.

1.2 will not be a seemless upgrade because of a number of format
changes.  We expect to provide an upgrade script to make upgrading as
simple as possible, however.